Help and Support Hub.

What would you like help with today?

Quick links to trending resources

Use our quick links below to access the most frequently visited sections of our website with ease.

Frequently asked questions

Here you will find answers to frequently asked questions that cover a wide range of topics. Whether you're looking for more information on how to use our services, details about billing , or financial assistance, our FAQ section is designed to provide you with quick and comprehensive answers.
Government Resources
Access a wealth of resources provided by the Queensland and Australian Government agencies, offering guidance, regulatory details, and support options for both consumers and businesses.

The Energy and Water Ombudsman Queensland (EWOQ) is a free, fair and independent dispute resolution service for unresolved complaints with your electricity, gas or water supplier. For information visit the EWOQ website.

Against the backdrop of ongoing reforms in the electricity industry, the Queensland Competition Authority continue to advise the government on pricing and other issues as required. For information visit the Queensland Competition Authority website.

Find and apply for concessions and rebates that can help ease cost of living pressures for Queenslanders. You can search, or explore what’s available by using their interactive questionairre. For more information visit Queenlsand Savers.

Energy laws are designed to protect you in your dealings with energy retailers and distributors. Understanding your rights and responsibilities can help you get an energy offer that works best for you, as well as help you to resolve any problems that may arise.

The AER website provides information on choosing an energy retailer, understanding your bill and steps you can take if problems arise. For information visit the Australian Energy Regulator consumer website,

Metering and Billing
Explore our Metering and Billing FAQ for insights and guidance on managing your utility services efficiently.

We will connect your supply within 3 business days of you submitting an application. Metered Energy will only disconnect your supply in accordance with the rules and regulations that are applicable and we will reconnect your supply within 3 business days of the matter that gave rise to the disconnection being resolved.

Customers in an embedded network have the right to purchase their electricity from any authorised retailer if they choose to do so and providing the retailer is willing to make an offer. For further information visit the Australian Energy Regulator or Energy Made Easy websites for guidance.

A Daily supply charge is a fixed charge to cover the costs of maintaining the electricity supply to a premises for each day of the billing period regardless of how much electricity you use. This charge also includes the costs charged by the distributor (Energex/Ergon) associated with the provision of equipment (excluding metering and associated services) and general administration.  It is important to note that retailers may use different terms for this charge, for example: Service Charge, Service Fee, Service to Property Charge etc.

The supply charge is for the hot water meter and covers time spent reading the meters, completing the invoices and rectifying any faults, in accordance with an agreement with the body corporate. In the event of a fault with your meter, Metered Energy will repair or replace the meter free of charge.

UMA stands for Unmetered Appliance and means a gas cooktop or other gas appliance in a unit. If there was to be a meter installed then it would raise the cost considerably as a minimum charge would come into effect.

Metered Energy provides maintenance for your hot water system, support and services even if your hot water usage is zero or very low. In order to cover these costs and keep hot water costs as low as possible, if your usage drops below a predetermined minimum, you will be charged a fixed rate per day, rather than per litre.

If your daily hot water usage is less than the Hot Water Minimum Charge you will be charged Hot Water Minimum Usage which is calculated by the number of days multiplied by the minimum hot water charge rate. You can find more information on our fact sheet page.

Most newer units are individually metered to ensure accurate billing on user pays basis. However some older buildings have pre-existing configurations. If you are unsure on how your unit is setup please contact us on 1300 633 637 and one of our staff members will be able to assist with your enquiry further.

Chilled Water is the description given for your air-conditioning.  Each apartment is individually metered ensuring accurate billing on a user pays basis.

Payments, Rebates and Financial Assistance
Discover how to manage payments, explore rebates, and access financial assistance.

We recommended that our customers speak with one of our experienced customer service officers as Metered Energy offers numerous payment plans and financial guidance. Contact the Metered Energy team on 1300 633 637.

We recommended that our customers speak with one of our experienced customer service officers as Metered Energy offers numerous payment plans and financial guidance. Contact the Metered Energy team on 1300 633 637. Or go to the contacts page, select Payment Extension from the menu and we will review your request and respond within 24 hours, during normal business hours.

Pensioner Concession Card, Repatriation Health Card, or Senior’s card holder? Find out if you are eligible for an electricity rebate with Metered Energy by viewing our Concessions and Rebates information for guidance and relevant informaiton.,

Nope, there's no credit card payment fee here! At Metered Energy, we don't charge any extra fees when you pay your bill using a credit card. We strive to keep your payment process as simple, inexpensive and hassle-free as possible.

Currently Metered Energy does not charge any extra fee to have your invoices mailed to you. Although we do recommend our customers use email as this is a quicker form of communication and more environmentally friendly.

In order to validate your concession eligibility, we need your consent to collect and use your name, address, payment and concession card information from the Department of Human Services.This consent is only effective for the period that you are a customer of Metered Energy and you can remove your consent at any time by contacting us.

If you don’t provide your consent or remove your consent, you may not be eligible for the concession.You are required to notify us and the department of any changes in your circumstances which may affect your eligibility for a concession.To be eligible for the concession, the address you’ve provided must be your principle place of residence and the only residence in QLD for which you claim the rebate.

You must not have anyone paying rent to you at the property.If anyone other than a spouse or dependant lives with you at the property, you cannot claim the concession unless the other person(s) receives income assistance from Centrelink, Family Assistance Office or Department of Veteran’s Affairs, or the other person(s) live with you to provide care and assistance. If these don't apply to the other person(s) living at your property, you will not be eligible for the concession. For more information on eligibility, visit Queensland Concession Services.

Emergencies and Life Support
Find vital information on how you should handle emergency situations and accessing life support services.

Always call emergency services on 000 straight away if you smell a gas leak or if there is any risk to someone’s life or property. If you have an outage check the Outage Map or call us on 1300 633 637, Monday to Friday between 7.30am and 5.30pm.

Do you or does someone else in your household depend on life support equipment? You may be eligible for our Life Support program, which provides members with valuable information on power supply interruptions. For more information visit our Life Support information for details, elgibilty and our application.